JOBS: Senior Video Producer
As a senior member of the video team, you will partner with some of the country’s best journalists to capture, produce and edit captivating content that resonates with YouTube audiences across the world. You will launch new series and experiment with formats to drive audience growth and engagement.
You will work closely with the News Corp on-platform video team, but also work as part of a global team on the YouTube project, including with colleagues from the Wall Street Journal, The Times UK, The Sun, and the New York Post.
You would be joining a high profile, truly world class team at the beginning of an exciting journey to tell news differently and have the opportunity to use your creativity and innovate.
Your Main Responsibilities Will Be To
- Partner with Australia’s best journalists to create compelling videos that tell the ‘story behind the story’
- Launch and manage two of four new YouTube channels, driving growth in audience and subscriptions
- Use creativity and experiment with new formats, including series, suited to YouTube audiences
- Produce, shoot, write, edit and upload videos – we’re looking for all-rounders who can take a video from idea to publish
Who are you?
You have at least 4 years experience as a videographer / editor / video producer, ideally working in a news environment, or you particularly love news, features and sport.
- Excellent video shooting and editing skills (Using Adobe Premiere)
- Creativity – a love of experimentation with different formats to see what works
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills – the ability to build rapport with senior, high profile journalists
- An understanding of the YouTube audience and what content resonates on that platform, particularly in the News space
- Content planning, combined with the flexibility to use data to adjust the content and strategy as needed
- Day to day demonstration in your behaviour and interactions with others of NewsCorp Australia’s values of: We make a difference; We get it done; We get it done; we are principled; we push the boundaries.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a global team at the forefront of the organisation helping to transform the business. We offer competitive employee benefits, a fun, fast-paced working environment, and excellent opportunities for growth and development.
What do I do next?
To apply or find out more about careers with us, see newscorpaustralia.com/careers